Please see below the difference between each of the swimming activities on the conversion list.
Leisure: Water activities/swimming, leisurely, not lap swimming.
- 171 steps/min
- Example: Tim lets himself glide casually through the water without having a specific goal in mind.
Moderate: Water activities/swimming, medium speed.
- 237 steps/min
- 50 yards/min | 45 metres/min (0.03 miles/min)
- Example: Tim concentrates and swims a whole lane in one minute.
Competitive: Swimming, fast speed, vigorous effort
- 286 steps/min
- 75 yards/min | 68 metres/min (0.04 miles/min)
- Example: Tim wants to break his record and swims as fast as he can. His pulse rises and he starts to sweat.